Design in Steel
Based on our long experience in the engineering and steel industries, Toleap Consulting AB can now offer technology training. Material properties, design and manufacturing are the main parts of this education, with focus on the customer and end-user benefits.
Since fatigue is the absolute common most reason for failure, the training contains a full day of fatigue design. We have, together with our partners, a unique applied competence in fatigue and our own calculation software, FATcomp, is integrated in the training.
Our mission is to reduce the number of fatigue failures!
We can, as always, tailor the training to you. The usual arrangement is three days long and is aimed primarily at designers, production engineers and other steel users. We offer this course in Swedish and English..
Purpose of the training
- to evaluate the recommendations and products from the steel manufacturers
- to provide practical tips for designers
- to increase the knowledge on different production processes, suitable for steel
- to discuss design solutions and choice of material
- to give an overview of standards and norms
- to explain instability, i.e. overall, lateral, shear and local buckling
- to give specific advice on how to avoid fatigue failures
- to consider accuracy of assumptions and calculations
- to exchange experience between the participants, especially when the training is carried out for only one company
- Production engineers
- Technical sales and sales support
Example of program - Day 1, The steel, material technology and its properties.
We start by focusing on the material know-how, what steel is and the key properties of steel.
- Benefits of steel in comparison with other materials
- Different types of steel
- Steel properties
- Mild steel compared to high strength steel
- Workshop, choice of material
Example of program - Day 2, Design and manufacturing
We continue with manufacturing processes and design guidelines. At the end we go through case studies, both by product and by detailed design.
- Production methods for different steel types
- Production methods (welding, machining, cutting, bending, pressing, coating)
- Recommendations from steel and machine manufacturers
- Applications where steel is used
- Design guidelines, norms and practice
- Design in mild steel as compared to high strength steel
- Design case studies, good and bad examples
Example of program - Day 3, Design and dimensioning for fatigue loads
- Fatigue as a phenomenon and the influencing factors.
- Fatigue loads, influence of the load spectrum.
- Fatigue design, explanation of calculation methods and parameters
- Fatigue, dimensioning practice, the design tool FATcomp
- Case studies and values based on experience, the design tool FATcomp
- Design guidelines
We offer our tool for fatigue design, FATcomp, as an option at this training. For more details of the software, we recommend www.fatcomp.se
You can order a tailor-made training program matching your specific needs, parts of the program or an extended program with more in-depth lectures on topics of your choice. We recommend the training scope to be between one and four days.
The follow-up will be by a questionnaire form. You will receive a diploma upon completion.
You are welcome to contact us at Toleap Consulting AB to order a training, or to get more information about our tailor-made offer for you and your co-workers.
To top of page